WeDo 2.0 Core Set by LEGO® Education
LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0 Core Set is a hands-on STEM solution that combines LEGO bricks, classroom-friendly software, engaging standards-based projects, and a discovery-based approach. Designed with collaboration in mind, each Core Set supports two students, introducing them to computational thinking and engineering principles in a fun and engaging way.
Time-Saving Curriculum Tools
Our guides and standards-aligned curriculum packs give you a head start, so you can jump right into using LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0. Flexible cross-curriculum solutions and NGSS- and CSTA-aligned lesson plans mean you spend less time planning and more time catching those “aha!” moments.
Comprehensive lesson plans for science, engineering, maker, and computational thinking come in a range of challenge levels and in lengths from 30 to 120 minutes. Evaluation is made easy with a documentation tool and an assessment rubric built into the software. Browse more than 30 available activities for LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0.
The set comes with getting started instructions and teacher support to make everything from unboxing to teaching your first lesson a snap. It will provide you with best practices to make the most out of the set and be successful in your classroom! We also offer face-to-face training through LEGO Education Academy.
This set is based upon the latest science standards and was created to enhance students’ curiosity and science skills. The set is delivered in a storage bin along with sorting trays, labels, a Smarthub, a Medium Motor, Motion Sensor, a Tilt Sensor, and enough building elements for two students.
The accompanying desktop and tablet supported software provides an easy-to-use programming environment and includes the WeDo 2.0 Curriculum Pack, which covers life, physical, earth, and space sciences, as well as engineering. The accompanying eLearning program helps teachers to become confident users of the WeDo 2.0 Core Set.
Please check our System Requirements to ensure your device(s) are compatible with the WeDo 2.0 solution before you purchase.
Every WeDo 2.0 Core Set is delivered in a sturdy, plastic storage bin that comes with a sorting tray and contains:
- Building Elements – 280 LEGO system building elements.
- WeDo 2.0 Smarthub – The Smarthub is an electronic system based building brick that is part of the LEGO Power Functions (LPF) 2.0, a new technology platform for LEGO® Education. It has built-in Bluetooth low energy to wireless connect to the control software/App. It is powered from a battery source, 2 AA batteries, or a rechargeable battery pack. It has two I/O ports to connect to external motors, sensors, or any new component belonging to the LPF 2.0 system. It has a built-in RGB light surface that can show up to 10 different colors that be controlled by the software/App.
- Medium Motor – The Medium Motor can be programmed to clockwise and counter-clockwise and to move at different power levels. Axles or other LEGO® system bricks and other LEGO elements can be attached to the motor.
- Motion sensor – The Motion Sensor detects objects within a range of 15 centimeters depending on the design of the object. The motion sensor can also be used as a range detector and can detect if an object is close or far away (up to 15 cm).
- Tilt sensor – The Tilt Sensor reports the direction it is tilted. A new functionality in the WeDo 2.0 Tilt sensor is “shake” mode. The Tilt Sensor detects changes within six different positions: Tilt This Way, Tilt That Way, Tilt Up, Tilt Down, No tilt, Any tilt (shake).
- Sticker sheet for labeling sorting tray compartments.
The WeDo 2.0 Core Set contains all of the building elements required to build the Get Started Project, along with the base and design library models featured in the WeDo 2.0 Curriculum Pack.
Two students share one core set to boost collaboration skills.
The LEGO Education WeDo 2.0 curriculum pack is built on Next Generation Science Standards and delivers key science content to second through fourth-grade students.
The curriculum facilitates and supports a clear, easy-to-follow journey through subjects, including life-, physical-, earth- and space sciences, and engineering. Features projects totaling more than 40 hours of instructional content.
Software and apps
The WeDo 2.0 software provides an excellent platform for science learning, offering an innovative way for students to model reality, conduct investigations, and use design skills.
Programming is an integral part of 21st-century learning. The WeDo 2.0 software teaches programming in an intuitive way – letting students bring their creations to life while sharpening computational thinking skills like logical reasoning, pattern recognition, and modeling simulations. The software also features a colorful drag and drop interface that is easy for students to use and understand.
The WeDo 2.0 software lets you:
- Access the curriculum pack
- Access to Get Started, Guided and Open Projects
- Program your models
- Access the digital building instructions and receive programming guidance
- Use the integrated Documentation tool
ASSESSMENT TOOLS DOCUMENTATION
The WeDo 2.0 Core Set, Software, and Project give you access to basic assessment rubrics and an integrated documentation tool where students can:
- Take pictures of important steps of their prototype or their final models.
- Take pictures of the team working on something important.
- Record a video explaining a problem they are facing.
- Record a video explaining their investigation.
- Write critical information within the Documentation tool.
- Find supporting pictures on the Internet.
- Take a screen capture of their program.
- Write, draw, or sketch on paper and take a photo of it.
KEY LEARNING VALUES
WeDo 2.0 strengthens students’ understanding of the eight science and engineering practices, including asking questions and solving problems, modeling, prototyping, investigating, analyzing and interpreting data, computational thinking, creating evidence-based arguments, and obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information.
The LEGO® Education WeDo 2.0 curriculum pack is built on Next Generation Science Standards and delivers key science content to second through fourth-grade students. The curriculum facilitates and supports a clear, easy-to-follow journey through subjects, including life, physical, earth and space sciences, and engineering. Features projects totaling more than 40 hours of instructional content.
*To learn more about WeDo 2.0 and how it can be implemented in your school curriculum in the UAE, get in touch with the Knowledge Hub today, the official partner of LEGO® Education in Dubai.