Build a Strong K–5 Science Program
The Next Generation Science Standards* are clear:
Students need hands-on, three-dimensional learning experiences
Mapped to NGSS
- Cohesive, scaffolded curriculum focused on anchoring phenomena
- Investigations integrate the 3 dimensions of NGSS—every investigation
- Investigations clearly incorporate ELA and math standards
Effective Science in 30-Minute Investigations
- Engaging, hands-on investigations in as little as 30 minutes
- Flexible instruction for your busy K–5 classroom
- Robust teacher support for efficient lesson planning
Transparent, All-Inclusive Pricing
- Hands-on materials, digital media in English and Spanish, and printed resources for one price
- Affordable year after year; no yearly per-student licensing fee
- Quality science materials classroom-tested for performance and durability
Why Building Blocks of Science?
Designed to Support Teachers and Engage All Students
Welcome to Building Blocks of Science 3D, a hands-on, phenomena-based science program for grades K–5. It will make science class the best part of your students’ day.
- All-inclusive phenomena-based learning
- 3-dimensional learning in 30-minute lessons
- Powerful teacher support
Integrate hands-on, powerful digital resources and literacy, all in 30-minute lessons
Print or digital teaching, Building Blocks of Science 3D grows with you.
Whether your classrooms have only one computer or you’ve gone completely digital, Building Blocks of Science has what your teachers and students need. Teacher and student instructional resources are provided in both print and digital formats, giving all of your teachers the flexibility they need to teach and support all of their students.
Integrated digital components support instruction and assessment:
- An assignment management system allows teachers to track individual, small group, or whole class progress
- Digital components for students enhance learning, differentiate learning, and provide multiple modalities for delivering information
Put your best foot forward with Building Blocks of Science 3D
Integrated digital components to support instruction and assessment:
An assignment management system allows you to track individual, small group, or whole class progress
Digital components for students enhance learning, differentiate learning, and provide multiple modalities for delivering information.
What if you could make science the best part of your students’ day?
Students learning science with Building Blocks of Science 3D are engaged and excited as they work like real scientists. With this program, students actively collaborate with peers, conducting hands-on investigations, collecting and analyzing data, recording notes, and sharing observations.
Print or digital teaching, the choice is yours.
Whether you prefer a printed teacher guide, you’ve gone completely digital, or you’re somewhere in between, Building Blocks of Science has what you need. Teacher and student instructional resources are provided in both print and digital formats, offering flexibility for your individual teaching style and support for all your students’ learning styles.
New answers to your question “What did you do in school today?”
Welcome to Building Blocks of Science 3D—the science program that brings excitement, collaboration, and problem-solving skills into the classroom. When your child is using Building Blocks of Science 3D, you’ll hear about science class every day!
With Building Blocks of Science 3D, your child will:
- Actively investigate real-world phenomena
- Write and read about science
- Work collaboratively to build 21st century skills for tomorrow
- Work like a scientist and engineer
- Engage everyone in your household with quick take-home science activities
The Building Blocks of Science approach prepares K–5 learners by providing a foundation of hands-on investigation supported with powerful digital and print-based learning. This program is designed to engage and excite students. As they learn science, they learn to work like scientists and engineers.
Building Blocks of Science 3D prepares your student for tomorrow
The new science standards will prepare today’s students for their future—a future where STEM jobs abound, teamwork and collaboration are critical, and the ability to explain your thinking to others is necessary for success.